The world still uses Slide Decks, but they are not required. It’s just a bad habit! Have you ever seen a meeting request that says: “If you don’t have a slide deck you will not be allowed to present”. I think not. Here is the short advice.
- Verify a slide deck is wanted
- If so, send it ahead but don’t present it
- If not, profit!
- Open the floor up to Q&A first off, but never say “I want this to be a dialog” Present or Q&A, not both!
- Learn to present well, be persuasive, and focus on the delivery of your message
- Make your introduction impactful. You are always selling
Keep your deck for stage presentations and leave behinds. Try it out. You will be surprised.