- I am sick and tired of pitching with slide decks.
- I am tired of being a Mentor that spends 80% of my time editing slide decks with Entrepreneurs
- I am committed to changing that today.
I am going to tip some tilt some windmills. In the novel, Don Quixote fights windmills that he imagines to be giants. Quixote sees the windmill blades as the giant’s arms, for instance. A relevant portion of the novel has been revised for my mission:
Just then the Entrepreneur came in sight of thirty or forty windmills (Venture Firms) that rise from that valley. And no sooner did Don Quixote see them that he said to his squire, “Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous investment thesis and the investments from such a brood shall grace our ideas on earth in a service God will bless.”
“What giants?” asked Sancho Panza.
“Those you see over there,” replied his master, “with their long arms. Some of them have arms well nigh two leagues in length.”
“Take care, sir,” cried Sancho. “Those over there are not giants but Investors. Those things that seem to be their arms are old requirements which, when they are whirled around by the wind, turn the term sheets.”
- NO one enjoys bad slide decks!
- Almost no one enjoys great slide decks!
- Everyone enjoys a great presentation which ends with a riveting Q&A dialog.